CD CV

I listen to Radio 2 a lot. Every day during driving hours and occasionally on line.

When the regular DJ’s go on holiday another Radio 2 DJ usually stands in. The stand in for Steve Wright of late has been Mark Radcliffe supported by Liza Tarbuck. A fair substitute I think!

Anyway, instead of the regular feature of a listeners choice of ‘golden oldies’ for half an hour, Mark does the CD CV. The listener emails in their answers to the following music questions leading to a selection of 9 tracks to play.

I have been thinking about my own CD CV recently and then thought it would be good to find out what the blogging community would choose too!

So with full copyright to Mark Radcliffe at Radio 2, excepting question 10, have a go at the following and pass it on! (My answers are in italics.)

What was…

1. The first record you ever bought? Gary Newman, Warriors

2. The song that led to your first pop star crush? Depeche Mode, See You (Dave Gahan)

3. The song that reminds you of your first true love? Simple Minds, Don’t You Forget About Me

4. A song that's guaranteed to make you dance? Aretha Franklin, Think

5. Your favourite holiday track? Nick Harper, Blue Sky Thinking

6. The song you'd most like to sing on stage? Meatloaf, Paradise by the Dashboard Light

7. The most embarrassing record you ever bought? I am not embarrassed by any of my records…my partner is embarrassed about a few of them but I like them all! However, as I don’t want to miss out a song for my hypothetical play list I will go for Billy Ray Cyrus, Achy Breaky Heart.

8. The best guitar riff ever? Now that’s too tough! As a rock and blues music fan how can I answer that one! So I am going to mention one that always makes me rock and to hell with the consequences, Status Quo, Caroline.

9. The one song you wish you'd written? Benji Kirkpatrick, Wallbreaker

10. What is your favourite radio station, and/ or DJ? Radio 2, Steve Wright

Right I am off tagging, but if you read this and want to have a go please do. Just post the questions and your answers on your blog then leave me a comment so I can follow you and see what you picked.

Comments

  1. Thank you for thinking of me to do this, but I never do 'Tags'... I hope this dose not cause offence, it is something I just never do.

    I hope you understand
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Fun meme and great answers! :)

    I definitely want to do it. Might be tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to doing it.

    I love "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights". I'd love to sing that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tom! No problem and definitely no offense taken. :0)

    Hey Lone Chatelaine! I am really looking forward to reading your answers. I had a lot of fun doing it although the best guitar riff ever was just too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers I hate saying 'NO' so thank for being so understanding... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:31 pm

    Hi dancin, I am a bit late in response. I will get on with it tomorrow. Gives me time to think out some of the answers which you must admit were many years ago.
    Mind it matches some of the grey cell exercises which are aimed at my age.
    Bowledover

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:04 pm

    Hi dancin' tag completed and enjoyed it was good to visit that time again.
    Thank you for introducing me to tags.
    Bowledover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure