Out of the blue

It was my fella's birthday last weekend and we woke to a snow covered village. We usually wake early these days and I am glad we do as it had all but gone by 10am. I frequently find that the beginning of the day is the most beautiful and also can be when the nicest weather occurs!



My paternal Grandmother was an early riser and I like to think it is a trait I have acquired from her.

My maternal Grandmother shared my fella's birthday. She unfortunately passed away the year before last. I did not know her as well as my paternal Grandmother, a fact I have regret about.

My maternal Grandmother was always lovely to me however we saw less of eachother than we should, which has something to do with geographical location. I do however greatly regret not being a better Grand-daughter and not taking the time to get to know her better.

I think of her often, and remember her birthday shared with my lovely man.

Comments

  1. I am glad you got to enjoy it. I love snow....well I love all weather just on a regular rotation.

    I hope you got some sun this weekend to go out with your camera? I will pop over and see later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about and remembering is all we can hope for, we will pass our thoughts and memories down to other loved ones and show pictues... thats how it is.. At least you know you loved her and she you and thats got to be good... this by the way is such a great picture to go with your words.. keep thinking and remembering, and most importantly make sure that in life you spend great times with loved ones making those memories of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tom for your lovely words, and good advice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure