Mammatus

While Sky Watch travelling I came across a post about mammatus clouds at Eye to the Sky, home of Jess Cloud-stalker. I have never heard of mammatus clouds before and have certainly never seen them. After seeing Jess's shots and looking for a few more examples on the photo share site I use I will be looking out for nothing else!

All pictures here are from Webshots and appropriate image credit is given below each picture.

mls mammatus

Image Credit: Klystron9

day3 mammatus clouds3

Image Credit: BrianEricRoadtrip

looming-presence - Mammatus Clouds

Image Credit: FirstAmerican6

Mammatus 2, 7-16-05

Image Credit: Erichoolihan

Comments

  1. That third photo is amazing!

    We had clouds like the second one one day not too long ago. It was very beautiful and just a little strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marg! It is awesome isn't it! We don't tend to get those kind of storms in the UK which is why I think we don't get those clouds...certainly not to that extent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the one you mentioned yesterday.. I had made a note to look these up.. you have saved me doing so now.. These really are special.. I would get goosebumps seeing these in real life...

    Thanks for taking the time to do this..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:33 pm

    Very amazing clouds shape. :)
    Great collection!

    Have a good weekend.

    Alexander
    Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is these real or have you done somtehing with them in Photoshop??? Awesome:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, very nice cloud shots. Those are what we call "butt" clouds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic! Kind of scary looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom, glad to help out! Aren't they amazing!

    Alexander, you too....actually I hope you did as that weekend has passed but there's another one on the way!!

    Ladybanana, umm I did have similar thoughts, who knows eh?

    Petunia, they are not my pictures, I got them from the photo share site I use. Editing or not though they are awesome.

    Halycon, butt clouds! I like it!

    Quiet Paths, yep I would be taking that shot and running away at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure