Update

Well two weeks from today we will be moving house. (For those who don't know we are renting but the house we are in is being sold and we are not able to buy it.) Our official move date is 30th April however our new landlords are going to give us the keys a few days early to ease the process. A good start to what I am confident will be a good relationship.

I don't spend too much time thinking about leaving this house, it will make me very sad as it really is home however, there is a cool new place to move into, I cannot change the fact that we have to move and most importantly the house down but one has recently become occupied and I am thrilled to say that the new owners have put out lots of bird feeders and planted Pyracantha along their fence, so I expect the birds will just move down a couple of houses!

After the initial interest in this house things have slowed up so it looks like it may be empty for a while when we leave. We could have stayed until it sold but we then ran the risk of not being able to find something else to rent in this village.

I did consider offering to visit weekly after we moved out to mow the lawn and top up the bird feeders I plan to leave, but with the new people moving in down the way and obviously trying to encourage the birds I feel happier that they will not be left with a food shortage half way through nesting! We usually have all of the babies in the garden with their parents during the spring and early summer.

I also have some good news to report on the Land Rover front. I spoke to my friend the other day who is housing the vehicle and he is going to give it a good service so I can go and get it and drive it down. We have a garage at the new place and I am hoping it will fit in it! It is a long way from here so getting it on a trailer would be costly. So that's nearly one thing off the to do list!! The others are a work in progress!

Comments

  1. It sounds like things are progressing nicely! I am glad the birds will be able to find food elsewhere once you move out. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literary Feline - Thank you, I am much relieved for the birds!! We do have a big enough garden at the new house to encourage more birds and we are also surrounded by big trees which will help greatly.

    Lady Banana - do you know your comment has really made me think. I used to love moving and always embrace change. I think sometimes I have become a little old before my time. Thank you for that. So any chance of a move for you or do you have to stay put for a while?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure