Dagnammit!

I am developing a website with the intent of selling some of my photographs and art projects and to that end have bought a web domain and begun building the website myself. There are so many good services and offers now that I think you can do a reasonably good job on your own and editing this blog has taught me a few things about codes and shortcuts.

The website has been a learning curve though; for a start getting to know the web designer software that comes with my package, I do not know if they all use the same terms but the terms within this one were new to me.

I have spent many hours so far trying to get it to look how I wanted, and be easy to read and accessible to all, and there have been some major cock ups along the way. I have a few times now changed an item or colour on the website by accident and cannot get it back how I had it.

My most recent efforts are no exception and I have now managed to delete the links from my first page and cannot find anyway to get them back. There is it would seem a link between the homepage and the other pages missing!

I have managed to find a way round it that I am happy with but I never really like doing things without knowing why. I like to figure out the mistake and learn from it.

The help is very basic and bacically no help! Although I can access each page in code and have done some editing there which I think is the answer to my query.

Anyway, my website is now looking much better, in my opinion, and I am happy with the hours I have recently put in however on finishing my most recent session I returned to Mozilla, my preferred browser, to find that the web page looks different there and to be frank somewhat naff!

The web designer software I use is only compatible with Explorer and although the web site has looked the same on both browsers so far, now it does not!

Anyway I am grinning about it, just, and rubbing my sore back and neck. I will return another day to fathom that one!

Comments

  1. Computing,addictive,frustrating,
    rewarding,ingenious,time consuming, contemplative, enabling.
    Love them all.
    I can feel the frustrations you must have encountered.
    Love the site. Good luck with the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That's it exactly! Thank you, prices and payment system should be up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with going into the market of selling your work. I am a firm believer there is a huge audience out there for all. It can be hard work going it alone with a website but can be great fun. Just remember slap copyright and watermarks on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating.I have recently started putting some of my drawings on a new blog and it is driving me mad getting the colours and focus right.I would love to visit your website...is it public yet?S

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure