Step Up and Boogie.

As regular visitors may know I have been threatening to get fit for some time now. Like many people I find it's so easy to plan but so hard to do, the alarm goes off and a run or a bike ride are as appealing as a bath in ice cubes!

Evening exercise regimes quickly fade away and all you can think about is how nice it would be to be able to afford a personal trainer...a cute one!

Some years ago I used to go to step class with my sister. There were several things that made this exercise regime so do-able, firstly good company. Going with someone, and lucky for me someone I really wanted to spend time with, helps a lot! It's is a lot more difficult to talk yourself out of something when someone else is relying on your support.

In addition step class is fun and therefore doesn't really seem like hard work, although if you really throw yourself into it it is a great workout. And finally you get to do it all to loud music which I find to be a fantastic motivator.

Well having just perused my local village services I have found out that there are two step/ aerobic classes each week in my village hall and I have signed up for my first one tonight.

It's a two minute cycle ride from my house, or a 5 minute walk, and should be a fun hour that will make me feel brilliant afterwards for finally getting something together. I also expect it will make me feel really sore but that's all good too and as the weeks go by will change.

Image Credit: Blond In Bella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure