Time Out

I have had a great year blogging in 2010 but have been a little late getting started this month. As usual I write many mental posts as I pass my days but few make it here. I have however missed blogging.

I have recently joined Facebook in an attempt to track down an old friend, and have had a spell of contacts from old friends via Facebook and funnily enough on Friends Reunited. It has been lovely but also a little odd and I have found my head filled with memories over the past week.

Its all been a little overwhelming actually and my head seems to be craving some quiet and a calm spell to allow me to adjust.

I have found my head filled with lyrics and lines also in recent days and think I should spend some time with my note book and get some of it down.

I know it may sound odd but it has been a bombardment of memories and feelings. It made me think of this song from the wonderful David Sylvian, Nostalgia. Its a beautifully chilled song from the album Brilliant Trees, perfect for a Sunday!

Comments

  1. Facebook offers a lot of opportunities to get in touch with old friends. After joining I have been in 3 happenings and it has been a joy. Pretty soon I will have a school reunion for those who are in FB and I can´t remember single one of them. No idea what will happen. All thanks to FB. It is true that it might be overwhelming and some offtime is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Well good luck with your reunion and I hope it goes really well. Although the human memory is very unreliable I bet when you are there the experience will unlock lots of memories.

    We were chating at home earlier and saying that the internet has provided another way for people to get in touch with old friends or partners that allows distance to be maintained and has perhaps encouraged people who may not have made that phone call or visit, to take the step to say hello again.

    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure