The Fruits of my Labour

In June of this year Macs Niece at Caged Minutes posted this notice regarding Innocent Drinks woolly hat drive to raise money for Age Concern.

The idea is to knit small hats for the tops of their smoothy bottles which will be sold in shops this November at 50p a shout to raise money for the charity. 25,000 elderly people died last winter in this country from cold related illnesses. Last year Innocent Drinks ran the same campaign and managed to raise £115,000.00!

If you are able to knit or would like to have a go please follow this link for knitting patterns for a variety of knitting abilities.

I have recently learned to knit and had a go at my first hat yesterday.

It is unfortunately not quite up to factory spec. but having mastered my first I am keen to have another go and see how many I can produce in the time remaining. (It may look ok but I am not showing you the seam at the back!)

I did not have an Innocent Drink bottle for the purpose of modelling the item and have therefore recruited my bear 'Parp' as a model, with a beautiful background of a framed sari silk collage by Macs Niece.

Macs Niece has posted a 'hatometer' demonstrating how many hats Innocent Drinks have collected so far. If you have a spare moment please have a go, it is such a small task and for such a good cause. My thanks to you, Mac's Niece and Parp.

N.B. No bears were harmed in the making of this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure