Weekly Six 24th - 30th September 2007 (Items 1 & 2)

Well last weeks 'Weekly Six' was a bit of a poor show! I had such good fun collecting the photographs however formatting the post took hours and eventually I ran out of time. You may have noticed that there are only four posts in last weeks weekly six! And the photograph of the frog I described in item 6 vanished at the last moment!

I have however, had some new ideas for regular posts. I did think the original format of song of the week, movie idol of the week etc. would endure but it was too regular for me to be really spontaneous about it which is what I wanted.

So, I have decided on a new regular slots that will hopefully stay the distance.

I am now the proud owner of 1001 practical household uses for vinegar. No really, there is nothing this stuff cannot do! I therefore give you the first item of the Weekly Six!

Item 1: Practical Household Uses for Vinegar Ref. 31.3

Pour white distilled vinegar on rusted hinges and screws to loosen them up for removal. (A good one for the DIY enthusiast or car and machinery restorer!)

Item 2: Heart Throbs

As a small child my Mum took me, my sister and some of my sisters friends, to see Grease at the cinema in town. (1978)

Thus began an intense period of adoration of John Travolta. I mean have you seen the guy dance?!?!?

Anyway, shortly after woods I was given this picture, and it took up pride of place next to my bed for many years. I found it today and had to iron it for the unveiling!

Ok questionable wardrobe but probably not of his choice! And really, have you seen him dance! I think another factor about Travolta is that his character Danny was in keeping with one of my first idols, The Fonz.

Am I revealing to much here? Anyway, I had heart throbs/ hero's for all of my childhood, I think my last was James Dean, but I think that the fascination is more to do with admiration and a desire to live by your own rules, a trait embodied in these sort of characters.

(Fonz Picture Image Credit - INDC Journal)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure