Tales of the City

Greetings. I am a big fan of the Tales of the City books by Armistead Maupin. My sister, Mac's Niece at Caged Minutes, introduced me to them ooh............blimey about 16 years ago.

For those of you that are not familiar with the series the books, originally published in two San Francisco newspapers, follow a group of friends that live in a rather unusual shared house in San Francisco during the 70's and 80's.

If you would like to find out more I really cannot put it any better than Wikipedia have so follow this link! I nearly deserted this post to take up the first book just reminding myself what was in store! I have lent my copies to several friends over the years and each has devoured them within.....well usually a matter of days schedule permitting or not!

Anyway. The point of this post is to bring to the attention of any fans that might not know the new book in the series, Michael Tolliver Lives! I will say it does not compare in terms of pace with the other books but for any devoted fans it is wonderful. I am also reliably informed by Wikipedia that Armistead is currently working on a new Tales... book and will advise you as soon as I hear more.

In the meantime, if you haven't read them and fancy a really good escape I strongly recommend the series. They are kind of like friends, sex in the city and will and grace rolled into one with much more depth, intrigue and of course the personalisation that only comes with reading books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure