Bird Update

I have not done a bird update for some time however, I am happy to say our garden remains a hive of activity with the usual suspects. The Thrush and Blackbirds have returned as tends to happen at this time of year, one of the Goldfinches has returned and with him the Bullfinch, and the Robin has well and truly stamped his species mark on our house! No other Robins allowed.

This weekend has seen an increase in activity as the birds prepare to mate off. Mr. Blackbird is chasing Mrs. Blackbird from fence to tree and she's having none of it and the Sparrows appear to be practising for next years Red Bull Air Race. The Starlings, as usual, bathe constantly and squabble.

I am ever grateful for their presence.

Comments

  1. Aw! I love birds. I have chicadees, cardinals, and tufted tit-mouse on my veranda this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard sounds like a wonderful place! Mine is, well, not. :-( We do have little sparrows that come and go, playing in the trees on the side of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lone Chatelaine, they sound lovely, I will have to look them up as they are not birds I am familiar with.

    Literary Feline, the sparrows are one of my favourites to watch, they are small but cheeky and clever, and most entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure