Winchester Cathedral


I went to the City of Winchester, former capital of England, for work today and made a trip to the Cathedral during lunch. It is an awesome city and it was my first visit there. Needless to say I took lots of photos. Here's the first of them.

This is the central area for the congregation. There was a carol service there at 6.30pm and I bet they raised the roof.

The choir pews were so ornate. I sang in church choirs when I was a kid, and loved it, singing with other people is a great experience, especially with the harmonies of a full choir, from baritone to soprano. The robes weren't so great but they kept you warm!

As a foot note I was really impressed with the service I received at Winchester City Council, the purpose of my visit. They were extremely helpful.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:48 pm

    Hi!
    Beautiful photos of the cathedral! My mum was there when she was in England as a student many years ago and she was very happy to see the photos! I hope to go there one day, too - when I save enough money, that is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wolf! I am really pleased your Mum enjoyed the photos. I had a brilliant time there and cannot believe I knew so little of the town beforehand.

    I have a book about the UK to recommend that you may enjoy......ok, not on the shelf downstairs, I'll look it out and give you the details. It is about a girl who walks the entire coast of mainland UK, obviously the bit through Scotland is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:24 pm

    Hi! Yes, please do tell me which book this is. I'd love to read it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Wolf! Right it's called Two Feet, Four Paws by Spud Talbot-Ponsonby (Summersdale Publishers Ltd.)

    If you can't get a copy let me know and we'll figure something out and I'll send you my copy. It was a gift from a good friend who I have long book shared with. She has the lovely philosophy of passing books on once read and would be happy to know the book was on the move.

    (Izzy if you are reading this it has been lent out several times and muchly enjoyed but I promise I will never part with Ashes in the Wind!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure