Secret Santa

Every Christmas at work we do Secret Santa within our team; that's the landscapers and arborists, there are 12 of us altogether.

We set a financial limit of £5.00 this year. It was £10.00 last year but I think there must have been some complaints, which is a shame as it's much easier to buy a £10.00 gift than a £5.00 gift!

Last year when it came to drawing the name out of the hat I got one of my fellow arborists who has a lovely collection of old and interesting zippo lighters. I went to a Christmas fare with my sister about this time last year and found a giant brass zippo for exactly £10.00 which was very well received.

This year I got my boss! Well to be accurate she's not my boss but she is our technical director. I don't know her very well and have been struggling for an idea. One of the twists of our Secret Santa is that during our works Christmas do (happening this Thursday night) we pass out the gifts, one at a time, and then you have to guess who gave you it! So if you do get something that the recipient does not like they will know who bought it for them by the end of the evening!

Anyway, we have just been for a walk around the village and called into our village gift shop, which is open on Sundays throughout December, and I saw these. I mean you really can't go wrong with candles can you?!?!?! Ok I know some people do not like things that you burn and are smelly but it's Christmas, what nicer trinket gift than a couple of festive candles that give off subtle aromas!

Well I will let you know if they were well received after Thursday! Last year (my first Christmas at this company) I was given a lava lamp which I was really chuft with. It's one of those things I have always liked but would probably not have bought for myself. I don't turn it on that often, but when I do it is beautiful and lights up the corner of the living room with a warm glow.

Comments

  1. Hello! Well I hope you get someone easy to buy for, please let me know how it goes and what you get. Have you set a similar financial limit?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure