I received this beautiful Christmas card from my Mum & Dad today. This photograph really does not do it justice but it's the best shot I could get of it. The very best view is reserved for us from the comfort of our couch!

Many of our family members make their own cards for Christmas and it is so lovely to receive them.

(Until we speak and I can tell you in person, thank you!)

While attempting to photograph the card in its best light I had a play around with my camera and made this!


I know it's a bit glarey but I like it!

Our Christmas decorations went up at work today which instantly inspired Christmas songs to commence continuous play in my head. The one I usually get stuck on is Let it Snow - Dean Martin but I did have a brief spell of David Essex - Only a Winters Tale!!

The song that was playing on my head jukebox when I woke up this morning was Dreamer - Supertramp, which has since returned.

A final note; my thanks to the lady with the two boxer dogs that I bumped into this morning who told me I would get a better picture of the sunrise if I drove up to the bridge. I did!

Comments

  1. Very pretty cards! I got a couple today myself, but nothing as special as those :)

    I also like Dean Martin singing "Let It Snow". Oh, and "Baby, It's Cold Outside". Love that one!

    Thank you for your comment at my journal. I kind of got ranty at myself, so I appreciate the kind words of support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful cards! I wish I was craft oriented. I love the look of handmade cards.

    The office I work in is all decked out with Christmas decorations. We are having a dessert potluck tomorrow to celebrate the holidays and then next week I'll be taking my staff out for lunch. I love this time of year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade cards are the best. They are only made for those people who are most loved and cared about. The carnation photo is GORGEOUS my friend. Wonderful eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lone Chatelaine! Thank you for your comment, actually the second picture is not a card it's a snap of my Christmas tree on a slow shutter speed. Girls with toys and all! I am still learning much of my cameras functionalities!

    I also like 'Baby it's Cold Outside', most versions! As for my comments to you, you are welcome!

    Hey Literary Feline! As above the second picture is my tree but I think it probably would make a good card, especially with some glitter! So how did the lunch go? And what is dessert potluck? Sounds intriguing and possibly tasty!

    Hey Joni! I am glad you liked the flower picture. It's the pink stripe that really attracted me. Only two days until the puppy arrives! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are glad that you like the card. When inspiration strikes beware, it will take several hours shopping for the requirements then to get it onto paper. And several days to complete. I am playing with an idea for next year now.
    This one is in line with your work that should keep you guessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure