2nd Thursday Thirteen


Greetings. It's been a frosty winter wonderland here today hence my inspiration. This weeks TT is 13 things I like about winter!

1. It’s the season that heralds snow; the most fun of the winter weather, good for sledging, snow ball fights, making snow men and animals, and playing snow angels.

2. It’s the season of cold air of the purist clarity that fills my lungs and by its crisp neutrality permits springs first scent to be detected.

3. The season where weather creates a world cleansed and virginal in its iced façade.

4. The skin on my face tingles beneath winter’s crisp caress, making my cheeks glow.

5. Wrapping up to venture out into the cold in gloves, scarves, hats, boots and a winter coat, snug in wool.

6. I like the frost framing winter fruits; complimented by the crystal background.

7. Tree branches are revealed in their skeletal glory, naked of their leaves.

8. There’s a glimpse of the birds returned from their summer hiding, e.g. blackbird and thrush, frantic in their long preparation for spring, enduring the winter spell.

9. The weather wild; natures signal to stock up and batten down.

10. Buds on trees are plump yet dormant teasing of the foliage and blossom to come.

11. Seeing my breath escape my lips in furls of thick white cloud.

12. The beautiful glow of the landscape under a winter sun.

13. The countdown to the shortest day which once passed allows the count up to spring and long days of sunshine.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Comments

  1. Great list. I wish I could appreciate winter as much as you do.

    I like wearing winter hats and scarves and all that (because they keep me warmer), but I really wouldn't miss them if I lived where it was warm year-round. :-)

    And even though I don't like snow, I do enjoy watching my dogs romp in it; They love it!

    Happy TT! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! I like winter too. It's second only to fall for me. I wish we had some snow, though :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the way you put this list together...I love winter right now during the holidays...but once January and February come along and an occasional April blizzard..I am longing for Spring and Summer! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful list!

    It hardly ever snows where I'm at though :-( It's been cold this week though, last week it felt like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:21 am

    Lovely and poetic! Though the text is so dark I had a bit of trouble reading it...It's such a BEAUTIFUL blog aesthetically, but I thought you'd want to know that some may find reading it a little of a struggle.

    13 Extraordinary Winter scenes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey L^2! I know plenty who share your view!

    Playing with dogs in snow is always on my list of top winter activities!! They become instant puppies in snow, all fun and mischief! Good to hear from you as ever!

    Hey Lone Chatelaine! I am doing a daily snow dance! Well ok I'm not but a daily snow prayer!

    Monday Through Thursday. Thanks for stopping by! I know what you mean and am happy to announce that it is the winter solstice tomorrow! That's the shortest day out of the way. Here's to the count down to spring! And, Happy Christmas to you too!

    Danielle, hello and welcome! We don't really get a lot of snow here and it's not a guaranteed annual event, just something to hope for! I am planning a Christmas in Finland for someday!

    Damozel, welcome and thank you for your compliment and comment regarding the text. I am very grateful to know. I will try some other font shades and see if it improves. Please feel free to come back and let me know if it is better? It may take a few days, we are entertaining for Christmas and have a busy few days planned to get stocked up and ready! I may have to resort to blogging through the nights for the Christmas period! I can imagine bloggers all around the world sneaking downstairs at 2am to get in a quick post! Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:03 am

    Your TT made me feel chilly! So it must be very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nicholas! So do you have any snow? I am still praying!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure