Happy Christening Zora!

My very good friend from Greece just called to let me know that my second Godchild, Zora, was Christened today. Apparently the weather looked threatening for a while but a bright spell persevered and all went well.

As Zora is of Greek nationality her official Godparents have to be Greek Orthodox. My friend is British and married to a Greek chap, and so has official Godparents in Greece, and unofficial Godparents for both of her daughters. It allows her to generously involve her friends in her family and also gives her daughters an additional guardian, who represent the other nationalities within their family.

I am looking forward to watching Zora grow. As we live in different countries it will not be easy to see her and her sister as much as I would like but I hope that we are able to develop a good relationship and that she truly feels she can call on me for whatever she needs, whenever she needs it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure