The Age of Steam

My family and I recently enjoyed a day out aboard a steam train in celebration of my parents Ruby Wedding Anniversary.

It was a wonderful experience and quite amazing how much improved travel by rail was under these circumstances. I like traveling by train anyway but the sounds and smells were amazing. In addition we had a car to ourselves and were able to get up and wander down the passageway, looking and leaning out of the windows.
(A warning, soot does come out with the steam so sunglasses are recommended and keep your lips tightly shut!

Obviously we were in no rush to get anywhere in particular however the relaxed pace of the journey was wonderful and very romantic.

Following our trip my father has been editing some photos he took to wonderful effect and I asked him if he would mind me posting them on my blog as they came out so well.

I think that they capture the era beautifully. I therefore give full image credit to my Dad!

Comments

  1. Hello Ladybanana! Thanks for your comment and thanks for the note about the deleted comment.

    I would happily make all of my train journeys by steam train if they were available, no matter how much longer it took.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure