Dreaming of....

Well it is finally here, the weekend when we are going to put up our decorations!

Quite a few people in the village went for it at the beginning of December and the office decorations went up last week. I have to say the office is a little over the top, in fact I think my exact words were 'it looks like Christmas has thrown up in here'!

There are individual sets of lights around peoples desks, grotto's in corners, pictures of semi naked girls in Santa outfits and musical turkeys that sing when you press their tummies!

I have tried to keep my desk area a little more subtle! And there are no pictures of semi naked chaps in Santa outfits!

We have picked out our names for the office secret Santa gifts and I have got a lovely girl who got me for her secret Santa last year. She bought me some lovely candles and a Santa hat which I wore at the Christmas party.

She is a huge chocolate fan which makes a gift for her nice and easy although I am not going to make my final decision until I have been out shopping this weekend in case I see something else.

Otherwise I have got all of my families gifts and am planning a wrapping session on Saturday. I have a few items to post to relatives who I will not get to see over the Christmas holidays.

I have done most of my shopping via the Internet again this year which I am loving. Shopping from the comfort of your own home and all items delivered to your door!

My fella and I both have the whole holiday week off work this year. We are travelling to family for Christmas Day and Boxing Day, and my sister is visiting us a couple of days after that.

Otherwise we are planning to visit some friends and have lots of lovely long walks with the pups. One of our friends turns 50 on Christmas Day and we are hoping to be able to celebrate that with him at some point.

These images are a collection of my Christmas and winter shots from the past few years. We had a lot of snow this year in February and apparently we may be in for another lot soon, maybe even next week!

I know snow is a pain but I love it! In February when it snowed everyone very sensibly stayed at home rather than risking the roads and the village came alive with children sledging and families having snow ball fights!

Now I have the truck it makes it a lot easier to get out and about in snow and ice anyway so if we do get snow we will still be able to make our visits to see people and take them emergency supplies!

What ever your plans for the festive season I wish you peace and joy, and the weather of your choice!

Comments

  1. Snow due tomorrow in Lincolnshire. I have just wrapped my car engine up in a blanket.
    Love your pictures.
    Snapped a rainbow on the way to East Anglia, I liked the cloud too its just bursting out.
    Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Well we got snow today in Basildon but it turned to rain on the drive back, I'll be alright I have the Pup-Mobile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure