Here's to 2010

We went to visit a very good friend this week and ended up getting together with a few other people for the evening. All good friends, some we knew and some new folk. It was a lovely evening.

At one point I asked a few people what their highlights of 2009 had been. There was some groaning and the question was put back to me.

I thought it was interesting as I generally think of 2009 as being a bit of a hard year that has ended well. I have had some worries and issues, nothing too huge but enough to stand out as a big thing for me for the year.

Anyway they are things I would not discuss casually and so when the question was posed and I thought about it there were instantly several other amazing things that have happened this year. I sold my first photographs, I got a pickup truck, I started up my website, I saw BB King plus some other brilliant live artists, and I had some great moments with good friends and family.

After listing them I realised personally 2009 has not been too bad at all and what the hell had I been complaining about! The issues I have are not small fry but they will work themselves out in time and I want to draw a line under worrying about them.

I finish the year happy and very excited about the prospects for 2010, a positive outlook I hope to keep through the coming 12 months. Happy New Year one and all!

Comments

  1. I too reflected on diary entries for the old year.
    There was much to be happy about and indications of where changes must be made for even more happiness.
    All told I have much to be thankful for and nothing sad to carry forward to 20 10.
    Happy New Year to you and your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:11 am

    LOVE YOUR POSITIVE SPIRIT, IT'S GOING TO BE A GOOD. lOVELY SEE YOU BOTH....A HIGHLIGHT OF 2009 FOR SURE!!!

    tAKE CARE

    t-BONE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:13 am

    A GOOD YEAR I THINK MEANT TO SAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bowledover! Happy New Year! I cannot believe this blog is now in is fourth year, that's a good few memories to read back through! Looking forward to reading your blog through the coming year.

    Hey T-Bone! Did you have a good night? Lets try and improve on last years visiting frequency and see eachother even more this year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s harder to get meaningful stuff out of happy things. When you put it all together it many times is a positive result. Happy 2010 once again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chrome3d,

    Everyonce in a while I here someone say you have to look on the bright side in the end, it reminds me to make the effort but it's not an easy pursuit sometimes.

    I wish you a fabulous year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure