A Farewell to Wake up to Wogan

Today marked the last broadcast of Wake up to Wogan. I am currently listening again via the BBC Iplayer as I had to go to work this morning before the show finished.

You can listen to the last seven days of shows via the BBC Radio 2 website. Click HERE to listen to todays final broadcast.

I have been mentally writing a farewell letter to Terry for many weeks now. In the end many many people wrote in and reflected my thoughts and feelings. So I have decided to save my letter until his new weekly Sunday show starts on Valentines Day 2010 and instead of dwelling on how much I will miss him, put my effort into welcoming him back to the airwaves! My Sunday routine is about to change!

In addition to listening to the last few shows you can sign Terry's online card HERE. If like me you feel the need to reach out to the TOGMeister why not leave him a message.


In recent years in particular I have become used to this Terry's wonderfully familiar and comforting voice getting me through the start of the day and playing so many tunes that I love. The last show is full of Terry's favourite tracks. I swear I can feel the nations grief today.

In addition to Terry's new show he will continue to host and champion Children in Need, and I have no doubt will turn up in a few other places. I bet he still wakes up at 3 every morning though!

I am off shortly to look up some Wogan clips on You Tube, apparently he holds the record for the longest televised golf put.

In the meantime all I want to say is heart felt thank you...

Thank you Terry! I miss you already.
xxx

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:36 am

    With you on this one Dancin, I think the entire nation is going to miss him.

    I sat with my friend Sharon and listened to all of last weeks shows......so sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so very sad but I am really glad you listened to the shows. The end of the last one had me sobbing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure