Pet Pampering?

I have some dog pampering tips to pass on, well they are less pampering and more methods for dealing with goo and cleaning eyes.

I have two large dogs and during play they tend to produce large amounts of sticky saliva which they then smear over each others faces as they ruff and tumble. I say saliva but it is more like industrial strength glue! Have you ever touched a slug? If so you may remember that the goo they left behind on your hand seemed impossible to wash, scrub or scrape off? Well dogs goo is similar!

Anyway when they get back to the house it's nice to clean them up, besides if I don't then they come and walk through my legs rubbing it off on my trousers in the deliberate process!

So I decided to pinch an idea from Indian restaurants who very kindly provide you with a warmed flannel to wipe your face and hands with after a meal, a custom I greatly appreciate. I run a towel under the hot tap, wring it out, and wipe it over their faces, ears and necks and they seem to love it! It also removes much of the goo with little fuss and rubbing!

As a final touch I like to clean their eyes. My pups, especially Roxy, is prone to eye infections and I think this kind of play and goo sharing promotes the infection so I clean their eyes after every walk.

My vet gave me a very good tip saying that cold tea is a soothing and effective treatment. So after I make a cup of tea I leave the not completely wrung out tea bag on the side to cool and then use it like a cotton wool pad to wipe each eye. I use the round tea bags so there is a side for each eye and one gentle wipe from back to front provides a soothing and cleaning final touch.

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:30 am

    Hello Dancin,

    One week to go.......yee-haw

    Can't wait to see you both again!

    Big Love

    T-bone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pups are in heaven really.
    What wonderful people they share their time with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey T-Bone, see you in a few hours!!!! (Got the PT tickets, Jeff still selling at £120 per ticket only! Will wait for cheaper tickets.)

    Hey Bowledover! Thank you, they are as you know worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure