Gigging

I have been trying to buy tickets to see Jeff Beck for some time now. Last year he was either sold out or you had to be a American Express Gold Card Holder to buy a ticket, whatever that is, probably not something I will experience in my lifetime!

Anyway, tickets are up for his October 2010 performance and I have been visiting the site for days waiting for the platinum tickets to sell so I can buy some normal tickets that don't cost over £100!

I think that until they fill these seats they won't start selling the cheap seats. I say cheap but he is playing The Symphony Hall Birmingham so how bad can any seat be?

A friend and I went to a gig at Wembley Arena once and will never go and see anyone there again, the sound was beyond dreadful and it amazes me that bands actually play there at all. It was Steely Dan I went to see there before by the way, and on the upside I did have a great night out with my mate and got very close to Donald Fagen at one point! Not too close, he has a reputation!

Anyway I would expect a symphony hall to be good for live music and so will take any seat I can get! A friend was telling us that Jeff Beck is very loud so further back from the stage may be an advantage!

Image Credit: QKLY.com Jeff Beck

Comments

  1. Hi DF!!! Thanks for the greetings on my blog. Haven't posted much, but hope to change that when things "simmer down" ... got sick a teeny over the holidays even thru my 58th bd and 24th anniv!! But we are having a good wkend now! wheeeee!!! Dogs' pics are gorgeous!
    Re: Jeff Beck, my husband has seen him twice but the 1st time after 4 songs someone threw a firecracker and he quit in 1976. Last time was at the Fox Theatre in Detroit and he was incredible. Have also "Live at Ronnie Scott's" DVD which is awesome. If you CAN, see him (per my hubby) from one Jeff Beck fan to another. Enjoy!! I'm sure I will be hearing the countdown thru the months ahead ;oD
    Twenty-Ten Better Then!!
    Actually, I'm with you, 2009 was NOT so bad for us ... though a lot of talk has always been that it was since the Detroit Motor City area and Michigan (auto industries) have taken a bad hit and unemployment is the highest. We can never complain about our jobs (tho we do) because "we're lucky to have one!" so anyone will tell ya! But we paid our bills, ate, had shelter and warmth and fed our cat and some strays, and had fun. First yr, probably, in Jeff's adult life he never went to a (usually lots) concert. Just not willing to pay the costs...we do have some good free concerts, but we got into renting music DVDs from the Library for free and when we got good deals from Borders Books we bought awesome music DVDs. So don't pity us ;oD
    tee hee...well, from your OLDER SisSTAR, I will you HAPPY NEW YEAR! you little whipper snapper!
    Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I've listened to Jeff Beck from the '60s when Rod Stewart sang for him ... Beck Ola and Truth! (don't like RS any more ;o(
    Jeff has "hammered" Beck into my head the last 24 yrs, however. Must be the name "Jeff"! ;oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know if you look at the profile of Jeff Beck, that you have on your entry.
    You will see that he looks a lot like JMB. Initials are similar too, how strange.
    Enjoy, that's what life is about, unless someone forgot to tell me otherwise.
    Its going to be a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kyle! Thanks for your great message! I will of course keep you posted on the count down to Jeff as soon as I get the tickets! Happy Belated Birthday bud!

    (I liked being called a whipper snapper!)

    Hey Bowledover! Sorry I did not get the initials! I will tell JMB now as I am sure he will be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey dancin' I'm pleased I now know a look alike famous person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:38 pm

    Jeff Beck......will be so chuffed if we get tickets for him......you have to love him!!!

    T-bone

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love him, but I wish he would hurry up and start selling normal tickets! Anyway I am checking every day, don't worry we will get some! The gig is four days after the PT gig! Do you fancy a long visit?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure