Happy Birthday Pup Mobile

This is my truck...well I say my truck but I actually bought it for the pups, hence the name.

I have always loved pick ups however would not have one without decent justification as they are gas guzzlers but when we got the pups I needed something safe for them to travel in as they come to work with me most days. I work out doors so they get to run around with me and then sleep in the truck which serves as a large mobile kennel.

They love it and it is virtually impossible for me to get out of the house without them in the morning!

Another reason for my choice in vehicle was sound proofing to protect my ears from the barking and associated distraction when other dogs or motorbikes go by, or when someone drives too close to us. One of the pups also gets very excited sometimes (anyone who knows Shepherds will understand!) and the sound can be deafening and again very distracting.

It is not uncommon for me to be sat in the truck in stationary traffic with the entire vehicle rocking from side to side if the appropriate stimulation appears!

Today is the one year anniversary of getting the truck! I would not be without it and am delighted to say it has just sailed through it's second ever MOT with nothing save a replacement pair of wiper blades!

Happy Birthday Pup Mobile!

Comments

  1. Many many happy returns of this day to the pup mobile.
    Happy driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee! I remember last year when you posted your new truck photo! We are "old" friends now, eh, SisSTAR? Also loved your post about the music club for your nephew and I agree about not "overloading" him ... too many people overload themselves (like me and my husband) and never take the time to truly listen to one artist long enough to really appreciate them. I just discovered Imogen Heap from a Jeff Beck DVD that Jeff bought ... and have since bought her last 2 CDs. What do you think of her music? I don't like ALL of it, but there are some I really! do and I've noticed she is getting a lot more recognition out there since I'm hearing songs being played on radio and even a new episode of a program we like (Chuck is its name) ran one of my favorites last Monday on its 1st new season opener. I like "Hide and Seek" from her "speak for yourself" cd. But I digress... Happy Birthday, Pupmobile! and many happy years ahead with lots of fun for the kids 'n you and your fella (is that him and his 'wellies'...that's my British talk ;oD)
    SisStar KLH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Honey! You leave me the loveliest comments, thank you!

    Yes that is my lovely fella in the wellies! What do you call wellies then? I love their full name of Wellington Boots! It sounds much grander then they are but they are the essential camping boots, well they certainly are for our holidays when rain is expected! Plus you can paddle in them! Its not as good as getting your feet in the water but some water I don't want to put my feet in!

    I have not heard anything by Imogen Heap, I will put that right now and get back to you.

    Happy Wednesday bud! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure