Schools Out

Well apparently the UK is covered in snow again...except where I live. Throughout the day today various offices of our company and bordering our county have shut down due to snow and we have nada!

I drove home listening to the radio taking requests from teachers that are grateful for the delay from returning to school as many are closed due to the weather. Apparently they are all dreading going back! Their song choices were funny and a little sad too! The best example being this.

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - The Smiths

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour ...But heaven knows I'm miserable now ...I was looking for a job, and then I found a job ...And heaven knows I'm miserable now ...In my life ...Why do I give valuable time ...to people who don't care if I live or die?

Great song, not a good attitude as a teacher! I know the picture is not related but it is Morrissey and I like it)

Image Credit: Peta2

Comments

  1. I like to hear children discuss their teachers.
    I am thrilled when I hear the words she/he makes the subject come alive for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, did you have a teacher at school that made you feel like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes a maths teacher called Mr Scope, in junior school.
    Through him I fell in love with areas and fractions. And worked out all the dimensions of my home.
    Also my year tutor Mr Shemming in comprehensive school, who was into amateur dramatics.
    When he was near to a shows presentation, we could ask him to give us a preview in class.His preview showed me how to give for the sheer pleasure of it.
    And my art teacher Mr Diggle at comprehensive school, who made me look at what I saw, differently.
    Wish I could reach them now to say thank you.deleveri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure