Four Seasons In One Day

Four seasons in one day by Crowded House just played on our computer and reminded me how much I love that band, it also seemed like an appropriate post title for today as it has been a day of much activity and change.

The day started a little later than usual as we all had a very late night night and so slept in until 8.45am! As always our weekends start with Roxy pup coming into the room for a nuzzle!

Next I took the dogs up the hill fort for a walk and spotted a badger on the side of the road. I always stop to see if they are still alive and therefore need help and sure enough the poor thing was alive and breathing heavily in the now hot sunshine.

So I hastily walked the dogs to allow them their comfort break, shot back home, and returned armed with Mr Dancin, my gardening gloves and a blanket to find a women approaching the badger also armed with gardening gloves!

We got it into the back of the car and out of the sun and started calling around for a vet or wildlife group that could help and I am thrilled to say within half an hour we had the poor chap in the back of the local badger rescue groups car and on its way to the vets.

I have checked this afternoon and they are still unsure how it will turn out but they have been able to treat its dehydration and await its response before they take further action. Fingers crossed.

It was quite young and breathing well with no outward signs of injury so hopefully it was just stunned and will make a recovery. Either way we have done the best we could and at least it did not lie on the grass verge and die of shock and heat exhaustion.

After our early morning adventure of badger rescue we returned home for a relaxing hour in the garden and a nice breakfast. I then ventured upstairs to my new office to do some work and I am a little sorry to say it was four hours later that I emerged! But these things have to be done.

We then spent a lovely couple of hours in the garden talking about last nights party (Mr Dancin was unfortunately unable to attend) and chatting about the events of the day which included some new plants going into the garden which Mr Dancin put in while I was working.

Now tea is on and the World Cup final is looming!

It has been a very busy Sunday by my standards but a good day all round. Being busy is good. Tonight I also have to put my photos that are for sale on a memory stick for my friend who is currently designing me a new website. This time next year we will be millionaires! (As Del Boy would say!)

I told the badger chap I will check in with him again in a couple of days and he was happy for us to do that. I'll keep you posted on that one. It may not be good news but again we did what we could and just hope for the best.

For now here is the wonderful song that gave title to this post!



T-Bone did we busk this?

Comments

  1. Busy you are. Bet the garden is looking good.
    Well done on the badger rescue.
    Fingers crossed for a positive out come.
    I heard that the reason that so many badgers are killed on the road , is because they think its their road and we should not be on it.
    Makes sense.
    Have a wonderful week. Rain is expected tonight I understand. Mind what do the weather people know!!!!
    I watered the garden any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love listening to Crowded House songs, and they were awesome live as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bowledover! Still waiting for the rain and we could use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marg! I would love to see them live, it must have been great! Did they play recurring dream by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:50 pm

    yep we certainly did Dancin, and of course Weather With You......Good times, damn good times

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were damn good times! I am off to Greece this October to visit Izzy. It will be strange to be back in Porto Heli but I can't wait too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:33 pm

    oooh very jealous...sounds great

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure