Am I Allowed To Mention Christmas Yet?

We have recently returned from our summer holiday into instant Autumn but I have found that I don't really mind that much.

We have had such a lovely long summer, and a great holiday, that I am actually ready for the change in the season and am even starting to get excited about Christmas!

I do not talk about it too much at home as Mr Dancin does not like to get into things until mid December but as for myself I am enjoying planning gifts and even the preparations in the shops are not bothering me too much.

I do think that we get into it a little too early in the UK but I am happy to be taking small steps to the festive season!

However between then and now there's lots of other stuff to keep me busy. We are going to see Porcupine Tree in a couple of weeks, and then Nick Harper in November. Yeah!

Comments

  1. Ok, sorry about that! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's OK Dancin' - I've had to pick my favourite Christmas menu already for our work's Christmas lunch (three words used in combination to strike fear into the hear of any nature boy). Actually, both "favourite Christmas menu" or "work's Christmas lunch" would strike fear equally in that context!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand. I will be spared that this year as I work remotely most of the time and don't expect my new job will include social events such as Christmas dinners. The last company I worked for had three, the team one, the office one and the directorate one, is was a nightmare!

    I think my early excitement is more to do with the change is the season having had a great summer. I am embracing autumn and the prospect of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Christmas, hmmmm, in a word, no! haha! It's nice to have things to look forward to, but for me Christmas is a rather mixed blessing these days. I suppose I just want the children to be happy and enjoy it, otherwise I probably wouldn't bother much these days. I can't believe how some parents go mad on the present buying though - what's wrong with a bag of nuts and a satsuma?!! Seriously, I could do without the stresses but it is a good excuse to get together with family and friends and that for me is always good. I suppose I must get excited because I still can't sleep Christmas Eve! I think it's possibly though because I worry about the children getting up too early. I stil have this vision of getting up about 3 am as a very young child and being chastised by my irate mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Claire! I too used to get up at some ungodly hour and be sent back to bed! I also had the worst dress sense as a child and used to appear in contrasting clothes and colours probably looking a bit like a clown only for my sister to have to take me back through and get me dressed properly! Actually I don't think my dress sense has changed much!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure