Networking

I have been thinking about Blogging today. I have been on Blogger since 2006 now and think I can honestly say I am here to stay. Over the years I have had times where I did not want to Blog, times when I wondered why I Blogged, and times when I could not keep away from my Blog and it became my most treasured activity of the day.

I have shared thoughts and experiences with other Bloggers, learnt many things from people all over the world, and made a very good friend or two.

I have found new Bloggers through: Blogging groups such as Camera Critters, Sky Watch Friday and Thursday Thirteen, have followed links on other Bloggers Link Lists when an identity or Blog name caught my attention and have found other Bloggers while reading comments on other peoples pages, especially now everyone uses identity pictures. Its a bit like buying an album because you like the cover! Thankfully following cool identity pictures has turned out to be more beneficial than buying albums because I liked the cover!

I also occasionally spend a few hours pressing the next blog link at the top of the page and just keep going until I find a Blog I like. I found my first Blogging friend Coversgirl in Australia that way.

Some Bloggers have come and gone, some have stayed. I have been lucky enough to develop a wonderful friendship with the wonderful SiSTAR Kylita and during a visit to Canada next year even hope to make my way over the border to visit her and have that cup of tea we keep talking about!

Anyway, ranting aside it has been a while since I met some new Bloggers or went on the 'New Blog Hunt' so I have decided to resurrect a tag list I did a while ago and send it to some of my treasured Bloggers in addition to searching out some new ones.

For those new to tag lists/ memes this is how it works. Below I have posted a list of ten questions for you to answer with instructions for taking part. I will visit your blog and leave you a comment inviting you to take part and including a link back to this post. If you would like to take part all you have to do is create a post copying over the instructions and questions, including your answers, and then pass it on in the same way to 5 new Bloggers, whether Bloggers you know or new ones you find. Then come back here and tell me your list is up so I can visit and read it!

Last time I did this it turned out quite well and the list went round quite quickly all over the place.

So, this is the bit to copy if you are going to take part, copy all text within the speech marks:

"Instructions: Copy these instructions and the questions into a new post, post it with your answers, visit 5 new or known Bloggers and leave them a comment with a link to your relevant post inviting them to take part, and then return to the Blogger who invited you to take part and leave them a comment letting them know your post is up.
  1. If you could have super powers what would they be and what would you do with them? (Please feel free to be selfish, you do not have to save the world!)
  2. Were you to find your self stranded on an island with a CD player...it could happen...what would your top 10 bloggers island discs be?
  3. If you were a smell what would it be?
  4. What bird would you most like to be?
  5. If you were a bird who's head would you poo on?
  6. Are there any foods that your body craves?
  7. What's your favourite time of year?
  8. What's your favourite time of day?
  9. If a rest is as good as a change which would you choose?
  10. If you could have a dinner party and invite any 10 people from the past or present who would they be? (Living or deceased.)
My answers are:
  1. If you could have super powers what would they be and what would you do with them? (Please feel free to be selfish, you do not have to save the world!) I would like to be able to fly; there are possibilities for world saving activities and I know I could be more imaginative but that's what I want, flight please! Oh, and as a close second I would like the power to create song and music at any time so I could turn the world into a musical at will! (With dancing!)
  2. Were you to find your self stranded on an island with a CD player...it could happen...what would your top 10 bloggers island discs be? Umm, this is a tough one, but as I am supposed to be on an island I have gone for albums that best represent both music type as well as artist. My 10 are: Porcupine Tree - The Incident, Bob Marley - Kaya, Stevie Ray Vaughan - Soul II Soul, Nick Harper - Miracles for Beginners, Michael Nyman - The Piano, John Martin - Solid Air, Leftfield - Leftism, Frank Zappa - Sheik Yabouti, Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood and Nina Simone - Sings the Blues.
  3. If you were a smell what would it be? Spring
  4. What bird would you most like to be? A gannet or seagull. (Apparently gannets are better in flight than gulls by a margin!)
  5. If you were a bird who's head would you poo on? Patsy Kensit. (Tart!)
  6. Are there any foods that your body craves? Vegetables and garlic. (Occasionally salt.)
  7. What's your favourite time of year? Spring.
  8. What's your favourite time of day? Dawn.
  9. If a rest is as good as a change which would you choose? A change, always!
  10. If you could have a dinner party and invite any 10 people from the past or present who would they be? (Living or deceased.) Kenny Everett, Frank Zappa, Terry Wogan, Stephen Fry, James Stewart, Che Guevara, Susan Sarandon, Nina Simone, Eleanor Roosevelt, Amelia Earhart. That is such a tough one! I am not sure how everyone would get along but still I am sticking to my list!"
Ok, my taggees are: Bowledover, Claire, Kyle, Ladybanana, T-Bone, Scottish Nature Boy...and a few unknown to me that I thought might be up for it! Lesservoice, Rick, Sage & Womble.

However if you come across this post and want to take part please do! The more the merrier. Remember it is a bit of fun, you don't have to do it but its a great way to meet some new Bloggers! Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Hi Dancin ....... here's what I've put up !Hope I've done it right lol
    http://clairesphotodiary.blogspot.com/2010/10/networking-youve-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dancin! Thank you for reading my answers! Glad you liked what I wrote - it took a lot of thinking about and I was happy with my answers in the end! And of course it goes without saying that T-Bone would be there too! Oh what a lot of stick I have had by not inviting him too. I assumed he would be there anyway!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. DF!! I love that you mentioned me and tagged me but I haven't been able to figure out how to copy the questions! Tried the usual "copy" but when it came to the "paste" it wasn't there!? So...soon as I can figure it out, I will be glad to answer these thought-provoking queries, dearie! ;oD
    Loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ladybanana! Thanks for taking part and no rush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Claire! I too assumed that Mr Dancin would be there and therefore would not need an invite, men are so sensitive!!! Thanks again for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kyle! I will email you the text now and then you can copy it from there, it should copy and paste off the page but sometimes I cannot get that to work too so don't worry. Happy weekend Bud! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a spoilsport for not playing along, aren't I? But I owe you answers anyway, so here they are:


    1 If you could have super powers what would they be and what would you do with them? (Please feel free to be selfish, you do not have to save the world!)
    (Restoring extinct species (but only those for whose demise we, the people, were responsible - so, sadly, no T Rex... although I could make an exception for that!)

    2 Were you to find your self stranded on an island with a CD player...it could happen...what would your top 10 bloggers island discs be?

    (Tough, but... Rush - Hold Your Fire, Tull - Songs from the Wood, Springsteen - Born to Run, the first 4 Marillion studio albums (while Fish was there), Led Zep 4, Pink Floyd - Wish You were Here, Free - The best of Free). aaarghh - damn, no Genesis...

    3 If you were a smell what would it be? (Nutty!)


    4 What bird would you most like to be? (Cher)


    5 If you were a bird who's head would you poo on? (I'm more into pecking eyes, actually - probably Dick Cheney's!)


    6 Are there any foods that your body craves? (Are there any it doesn't?)

    7 What's your favourite time of year? (Whenever I am - every season has its charms - see my blog for further details!)

    8 What's your favourite time of day?
    (early morning, while most are asleep and only the larks and I are up and about)

    9 If a rest is as good as a change which would you choose? (I always though a chest was as good as a range...)

    10 If you could have a dinner party and invite any 10 people from the past or present who would they be? (Living or deceased.) (Charles Darwin, Robert Heinlein, Jimi Hendrix, Queen Elizabeth (the first one), Margot Fontaine, Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush, Richard Feynman, Marvin Gaye, Genghis Khan (but he'd have to check his swords and hordes at the door)

    Pale substitute for playing but I hope it enertains!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops - that was meant to post once - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Scotty! You are not a spoilsport at all however I am so glad you did this and thanks for your brilliant answers that have given me a chuckle this morning!

    May I say that you have excellent taste in music too! I also did not manage to get so many amazing artists in, lets face it, 10 albums is just not enough!

    Don't worry about the multiple posting! That also made me chuckle!

    Thanks again for doing this, I hope the sun is with you, we have rain today but for the most this autumn/ winter has been bright and crisp so no complaints!

    Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure