Happy Halloween!


Well it's Halloween and it has been suprisinglhy quiet so far this weekend. We are usually assured three nights of little ghosts and goblins tapping at the door!

The year I carved this pumpkin we lived in a house with a small gated front garden and I was able to light the candle in the pumpkin and put it outside the door to the side, kind of an advert 'Trick or Treaters Welcome Here!'. I thought it looked really good.

I love going to the local shop and buying masses of sweets. Its fun to check out what new sweets there are and Mr Dancin and I eat some too! The surplus, as there always is, go to work and are demolished within minutes. Every ones a kid at heart I guess!

Unfortunately it is not so easy to be hospitable in this house. We have a front garden but it is open to the passing footpath and I would not like to leave a lit pumpkin outside. At the old house I could hear the gate open if someone arrived but here I would worry. Also it is very hard to answer our front door here and keep the dogs at bay. In the old house we could close the door to the living room, go down the hall and open the front door to chat to children with their parents. Here you have to open the front door while holding the rather flimsey living room door closed with your other hand and the dogs make so much noise they tend to scare people off!

I have yet to come up with a solution to this issue....moving would probably be the best idea!

I like this house enough; if it were ours we would make lots of changes and make it suit our needs but as it is a rental we don't spend too much money on it, certainly not to the tune of new doors!

Anyway, I will get some sweets and hope we get some visitors!

Comments

  1. Finished my pumpkin this morning and then got Lars to do one; we're going to put them in the windows later. out on the wall is an invitation for them to get nicked around here! Bought a pack of milky way's in readiness for this evening. to be honest it's only really the girls next door who knock, so I'm guaranteed at least 6 for myself!! Happy Howlloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am surprised to say this morning there is an untouched pumpkin sitting outside at the end of my neighbours path! I thought we would suffer the same issues as you, just too tempting for passers by, but apparently not...well not lastnight anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet crooked smile you had there. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dancin' did you make a pumpkin pie with the trimmings?
    Thanks for your help with the blog.
    You are appreciated very much all year.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cloudbusting! Thanks, is it a big thing in Finland?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bowledover! I think I made soup actually! It was a few years ago I carved that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure