It's The Weekend!

Blimey it's the weekend! Well that marks the end of my second week in the new job which is going really well still. I have tendered for a big tree contract with an influential client which will look good on the marketing material if we get it, fingers crossed!

Otherwise its great to be working at home and not having to spend up to 2 hours a day just going to and from the office. It is also saving me a fortune in fuel!

I think the pups might be a little bored despite having company for the day and getting longer walks. They do enjoy coming out and about with me and being in the truck. I have received comments from people who expect that the dogs hate being in the truck and will prefer the new arrangement but I think it is the other way round.

I did specifically buy a truck with the biggest back section I could get and had a grill made so I can leave the tailgate open when I park up. We always parked in a nice shady spot with a good view for them and plenty of wildlife to watch and bark at and they could lie there gazing out with the fresh air in their face.

Now they sit on the couch for the morning/ afternoon and the highlight of the day, aside from walks and lunch, is barking at the postman!

Anyway when it gets cooler they will be able to come out with me again and it really is better for them in the long term that I work from home. There's just less to look at and bark at here!

I read a poster in a vets once that said if your dog barks there is something wrong with it! Try telling that to my two! Life's not worth living without a good bark!

Sometimes Buddy does this thing that reminds me of a bear. There may be a bird in one of the trees or a noise outside the garden and he runs across the lawn barking in his deepest voice and shaking his head and neck like bears do in warning. It is amazing to watch!

This afternoon when he got out of the truck he put his first foot forward to step onto the ramp but was watching the cat across the road. The result was amusing to say the least! Thankfully he did not fall but as his eye was not on his paws he put his foot out to the level he expected the ramp to be at and it was a little lower!

They both do this thing when flies are about, especially Buddy, where they get this glazed look over their face and become intent on catching the fly. We discourage this as we don't want them to catch anything but you can tell they are not really hearing you and are completely focused on the fly! This proves most interesting when you are inside as they will jump on you with little warning to get the insect!

We have a reasonably quiet weekend planned although bathing the dogs is on the agenda! Roxy had an involuntary swim yesterday morning and went completely under, she is clean enough but I would rather get any of the pond remnants out of her coat due to her skin irritation.

Otherwise I hope the sun shines so I can get out in the garden and get out with my camera. I want to take some shots for my tree blog now all of the trees are pretty much in leaf, sort of an early summer ident post.

Happy weekend all!

Comments

  1. Hi Dancin! Loved your sky watch trees! Loved some of the videos from Showwaddy?? Never heard of them! But recognized most the songs they did. Fun!
    Glad you are enjoying working from home. I get to do that for part of one of my jobs and really love checking phone msgs in my pj's ;oD
    Hope you have an awesome weekend with the puppies ... they are beautiful dogs. My Tuffy Boy looks pretty raggedy ... I've had to shave mats out of his hair which are everywhere! and I refuse to shave his entire coat. I KNOW he would be mortified and would look bad. How he just looks like a mangy old cat ;o( Mostly it's like he has a long silky belly coat hanging to the ground and poufy "pantaloons" on his back legs under his "question mark" tail always held high. He's a proud boy. What would we do without our babies?
    Hope your pond is thriving. Ours needs a good cleaning ... the frogs never even sang this year and that was a first ;o( Probably no new frogs this year without their frolicking little orgies they always had in early spring. It's rained here nearly a week and we were lucky to have the pond filled that way and not spend money filling it from our hose. well...enuf for now! Be cool, Fool! Love from SisSTAR ^;^
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bud! I am glad you liked the videos, ah Teddy Boys! I don't think Showaddywaddy had any original hits but they did the covers really well! And I think I was always attracted to their silly side!

    I know what you mean about the home working. I love coming down stairs in my PJ's and putting the computer on. The world does not need to know that while I check my emails my hair is all over the place and I am wearing my dressing gown!

    Is Tuffy Boy a Persian? He looks like he has that sort of coat and I know they matt terribly.

    Our pond is looking good although not many insects have moved in so far, or if they have the frogs get them before they can colonise! Actually we keep coming across the frogs round the garden while we are weeding, they seem to spend much of the day out of the pond. Unfortunately our frogs do not sing, that must be such an amazing sound to have in your garden!

    I am home early, by comparison to my last job, and am enjoying having the time and energy to do the things I love at home, like corresponding with you!

    I hope the sun is with you on this fine evening. Bye for now Bud! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure