Obsession

The song I posted in my previous post is my latest musical obsession. It is a song I heard in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Sleeper) and have recently tracked down.

I have not heard of Aimee Mann before and have downloaded an album to check out but this song has me hooked! In a dream this morning I was singing it over and over and learning the words!

Occasionally this happens, I get a snippet of a song, track it down and then find that I don't want to listen to anything else for a few days and have to learn the words immediately. The song will play loudly and insistently in my head, demanding my attention.

I expect it is a trait that can be a little annoying for Mr Dancin so I am trying to limit my plays of this song. He is cutting the lawn at the moment so I have it on full blast!

Image Credit: Buffy Wikia

Comments

  1. Good day, Sunday, Dancin'!! Thanks for your comments on my posts. We watched Dr Who at a friend's house last night and the Graham Norton show afterwards (we don't get BBC at our house) and there was a word someone said "gobsmacked"!! so was wondering if that was a normal slang for you??? It reminds me of Godsmack the band - ha ha! Anyway, I also wanted to say that I, too, get hold of a song in an obsessed way and play it over and over forever trying to learn the words much to Jeff's dismay ... but I do try to do it when he's not home. Ha! The one I've been obsessing about for awhile now is the Imogen Heap I'd mentioned to you before, who happens to be from the UK. Saw her first on a Jeff Beck video when she was singing with his group and she was awesome. The video was Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's. Imi Heap was in Detroit last night, the first show of her tour, and though I would have loved to go to see her, so many of the venues here are "SRO" standing room only, and this ol' 58 yr old bod can't handle standing up forever, esp when you have to stand forever waiting in line. But I love her 2 CDs "speak for yourself" and "Ellipse"...if you ever get a chance to check 'em out. The Aimee Mann song you posted was pretty cool. Happy singing, Dancin'!
    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bud! Graham Norton, he is such a tart but so funny. Gobsmacked is quite a normal slang word here. Was it Graham who said it?

    Is there really a band called Godsmack?!?!?!?

    One for You Tube!

    Thank for reminding me about Imogen Heap as I had forgotten to check her out, I have heard of her but not her stuff that I know of. I will let you know what I think.

    I have been getting into Michelle Shocked a lot recently as well, its good to have some female muscicians to get into.

    I am still singing Pavlovs Bell and am now playing it on the guitar too!

    Happy Monday to you Bud! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure