Rip it up and Start Again

I am really disappointed with my current book. It sounded good in summary and started fairly well however I am now finding it slow and a little dull. Also my mind wanders while I am reading which is not a good sign and defeats one of the objects of reading!

I have been somewhat spoilt having read brilliant books in the past 18 months, none of which have been a struggle, and this one is a real let down.

I have lots of good books waiting to be read, including two I picked up for pennies at a May Fayre today, but I do hate not finishing books. It does not seem right. I am already a third of the way through and as such a little effort over the next two nights should see me through it but it is a chore not a delight.

I can remember the books I have started reading in my adult life and not completed and feel a sense of failure at the memory. I usually keep hold of them to revisit at a later date; thankfully there are not many.

Anyway, I will plough on with this one for a little while longer.

We have had a wonderful week off work and been away at Bodmin Moor for a few days. Returning home has been lovely and we are enjoying the start of summer evenings and reading by natural light until almost bed time.

It is back to work for Mr Dancin tomorrow while I am starting my new job! I am very excited about the prospects ahead and think it could really be a good step for me and for us. Its a new role that has been created for me and will be quite a flexible position with some working from home. My first day in fact will be at home as my boss, one of the company partners, is coming here to deliver my vehicle and PC and to chat through our plan of attack for the month ahead.

Well for now I had better get this book read...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure