Cathedral Arch....but which one?

I have been looking at some cathedral photos for a few minutes trying to figure out which one it is! I visit as many as I can and they do have many similarities. Thankfully I have tracked it down to Ely Cathedral in Cambridgeshire that I visited with my sister 4 years ago. Although there are similarities with other structures they are also all unique and worth visiting and considering in their own right. 

Number 1 on my list to visit is Westminster. I have been to the outside but as of yet have not had the opportunity to go inside. In addition to its significance as a structure many of my historical hero's are interred there.

I do get the impression from the website though that tours are structured due to the number of visitors which would be a shame as sometimes you just want to sit and take it in. At Canterbury a few years back I had the Trinity Chapel to myself for a few minutes and sat in the presence of King Henry IV and Edward of Woodstock, the Black Prince, which is a memory I will treasure.

Anyway, it's on my list for 2017, in the meantime here is a splendid arch from Ely Cathedral which caught my eye for its autumnal shades.


Comments

  1. Splendid arch indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, it is often the smaller sections of these huge structures that catch the eye, and always amazes me to think how they were built and how long it took.

      Delete
  2. That is quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful old arches. I sometimes miss any sense of history where I live - a building is old at 50 years and there are almost none of 100 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine thats strange, I am a bit of a history nut and get so much out of it, but then there is history everywhere, even on the ground we stand on, and structures don't always need to be present.

      Delete
  4. What lovely colours ...
    Our buildings can provide many great images.
    I'm pleased to read you are getting your visits list sorted for 2017!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have learned the hard way that unless I plan it wont happen :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure