This is not a complaint...but

We have had the most glorious summer and autumn here which are still going on. We have had so many sunny days and even now the temperature is starting to lower and we have had our first morning frost it is still so sunny and warm for the time of year. 

The trouble is, I am missing water!

I am for one reason or another less able to get out there at present and as such am restricted to local walks and short journeys (although not for much longer!) and looking through some photos yesterday I realised I need to be near water, a river, the sea, anything.

Its odd what landscapes we get used to and what suits us and our primal needs. I follow a blogger who lives in the dessert and while I love all of his photos, without fail, I often think I couldn't live there, I would feel parched all the time. I definitely need trees and water in abundance. That will be the British side of me then, certainly on the water side! (With the exception of this year.)

Anyway, the river is not far from me and I am going to make an effort to get down there this week and sit by its side for a while. I am sure it wont be too long before the rains arrive and I am missing the sun somewhat, although I am really looking forward to swollen waters and dramatic skies.


We used to live by the source of the River Nene in Northamptonshire and walked by the watercourse almost daily with the dogs. It is a small but healthy stream only at this point but following heavy rainfall would increase significantly in size and make for interesting walking. I can only imagine what our new nearest river, the River Dee, does under similar conditions.

Before I head back to bed I may revisit a video I posted on YouTube some years ago to support WaterAid. It is a collection of photos of water I have taken on various holidays put to the brilliant track Wallbreaker by Benji Kirkpatrick. Its HERE (and below) if anyone wants a look. I really like watching it as it reminds me of many brilliant holidays and remains one of my all time favourite tracks.

Comments

  1. Beautiful shot! I do agree that there is something about being near water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :0) I made it to the river today thankfully, it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure