In the company of Ian Anderson (Via CD)

Jethro Tull have been my favourite band for many a year. I saw a documentary about them about 30 years ago as a teenager and was instantly transfixed by Ian Anderson: he was incredibly gifted, wonderfully weird and played music the likes of which I had yet to hear. 


Image Credit: Goldmine

I listen to them regularly and always have but every now and then I get a real Tull yearning and nothing else will do; its been like that for the past few weeks. So this morning I have played at my PC to Broadsword and the Beast and Songs from the Wood, two of my favourite albums, seriously not a bad song on either! Next I have Heavy Horses lined up.

They are currently on a world tour with dates throughout 2017 noted on their website and I sincerely hope to get to see them again at some point. I have been several times but it is never enough.

Categorised as progressive rock (of which I am a fan) it is their unique folk style that attracts me most and as such I have chosen the following song to share here and urge you to listen and watch. This is Velvet Green, a song seldom performed live, and probably my favourite (although there are so many contenders!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure