The colour of harmony, balance, and growth...

According to colour psychology green is the colour of harmony and balance, growth and hope. I am aware of the power of colour and how it can be used to encourage certain reactions from people and situations although I seldom use it to its full advantage and prefer to rely on my instincts for colour preference however it is a useful tool to have and I have absolutely no doubt of the benefits of looking at the colour green.

It represents our natural environment, the start of the growing season, new life and new food resources. And there are no greens, or other colours, so vibrant as the ones created in nature; we simply cannot replicate that.

Winter is fast approaching and although I don't begrudge it at all, especially having had the longest summer, I do know I will miss the colour green. It will be there throughout the winter, with a whole host of other colours, but it will be a little harder to find.

Autumn and winter can be a challenge and I know many people suffer from the lack of green but there is a wide variety of colours out there. This winter I hope to capture them and demonstrate that here.

In the meantime, here is a whole heap of green to tide you and me over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure