Say My Name

I had a text message read out on Radio 2 last night! On request from the team I sent a suggestion in for a rock 'n' roll song that Rob Brydon could sing as he had already done an Elvis track and proved he had an excellent voice! He was standing in for Steve Wright.

I chose Great Balls of Fire however in retrospect should have gone for Way Down as I think they favoured another Elvis track. Still I would like to have heard him sing Great Balls of Fire.

Anyway, he read my text out!

I have had three texts read out on the radio. The first was when Johnnie Walker asked Scott Gorham (formerly of Thin Lizzy) if he still had his lovely long hair on my behalf, the answer was yes.

The second was a comment I made in response to a debate on Radio 5 Live regarding the use of torture as a means of extracting information, in particular with regard to terrorism, and whether it could be justified.

I said 'A big no to torture, we must lead by example' and they read it out.

Its a silly thing but getting involved, actually hearing your name being read out and knowing it is you they are referring to is a great feeling whether it is in fun or in earnest. I just wanted to share that!

(Image Credit Scott Gorham Picture: Pages Perso Orange)

Comments

  1. Dancin' Fool...I'd yell your name out the window if I knew what it was ;oD tee hee ... and I want to wish you a Mighty Fine 2009 with lots of Peace, Joy, Harmony, Love, good old common sense and lots more music and dancin'! How cool to hear your name on the radio! with good comments from you. I also love your Sky Watch photo, the same moon I saw on my way home from work Friday at 6:30 pm--ever time I see the moon like that, it reminds me that the sky is smiling, kinda like the Cheshire Cat in Alice and Wonderland. I am so happy to have met your acquaintance this year, Budette! More to come in this fine new year.
    Love,
    SisSTAR Kylita xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bud! Happy New Year! I hope you have had the most wonderful Christmas?

    My Mum and I were talking at the weekend about the unique nature of blogging friendships. You and I have never met, or spoken, however through a few comments and shared interests on our blogs we have begun a relationship that I treasure.

    I love hearing from you and visiting your blog. Your kind and funny comments always make me laugh and smile and I too am looking forward to getting to know each other better over the coming year.

    I am sending a big cyber hug to you with this comment. Keep smiling bud, bye for now!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure