Gems of Wisdom

I heard a great saying while recently watching Kung Fu Panda and have been trying to find its origins, me and many other folk it would seem. There are loads of questions posted on the net seeking the first recorded incidence of this and no one seems to know. A couple of people who have used it famously in speeches are Eleanor Roosevelt and Joan Rivers.

I expect it is a gem that stems back centuries and has been passed down due to its beauty and positive message. Anyway here it is the way I first heard it, spoken by Master Oogway.

Comments

  1. For years I have thought about this, after reading about a grandfather speaking to his grandson, about waiting for the gift, the present.
    It fills my head with lovely reflective thoughts and me with lovely feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it is lovely isn't it, a real gem. I too smile every time I think of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure