One Day Closer to Spring?

Well it's the first of February, a favourite month of mine as it is so very close to spring and also the month of my birthday!

We have had a good start to the month and weekend and been very busy. Having popped in to see the chap who sold me my truck yesterday I have found out there has been some interest in my old car which is good news. I won't get a fortune for it but anything will be nice and it is such a good car it deserves to be passed onto to someone.

After that my fella went to try out drum kits at a drumming store locally and I went camera shop hunting for a few bits and pieces. I also made a quick trip to The Body Shop and got myself a few spoils. It was busy as usual and while queuing I managed to talk myself into trying two new products!

Today we have cleaned the house, shampooed the carpets and cleaned out the garage. We are now patiently sitting and waiting for the snow that has been forecast so we can go out and play with the dogs! I am sorry to everyone who does not want snow but I asked my friend Kylita to send me some over from Michigan where they have loads and she has very kindly obliged!

We had a small scattering earlier but the skies are clear now.

They have only forecast a maximum of 10cm which is nothing really but any snow seems to have a big impact in the UK. Although now I have a 4 wheel drive vehicle there will be no excuses for not going to work tomorrow. If we do get snow I may be the only person in the office!

The year before last we had snow for a couple of days and everyone in our village stayed home and took their families sledging on the hill fort. It was such a lovely day and the cafe did a roaring trade!

Well we will see what the evening brings. If winter is going to persist for a while I want it to be white out!

Comments

  1. Hello! We have the same here although it has clouded over again and started to snow. Fingers crossed for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:01 pm

    I hope you get plenty, the pups will enjoy it.
    Its getting deeper here, we had 3-4 inches this morning and its snowed all day, so we will see whats about tomorrow.
    Spring fever got to you re the clearing out did it.
    Bowledover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! It sounds like you got much more snow than us, and ours has just about gone altogether now. (Chorus of 'Ours has just about gone.') I think Airplane may just be my favourite film of all time!!!

    I got to play in lots of snow today in Dorset which was great and the dogs loved it. There is nothing funnier than a dog playing in snow...except looking in your rear view mirror in the truck and seeing two German Shepherds playing in the back of the truck as you are driving down the M27!

    It's good that they feel that at ease and have so much room!!!!

    There's nothing better than a tidy out and Spring is as good an excuse as any!! It's nearly here you know!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure