Get Rich Quick Scheme

Ok, just in case you are now on the edge of your seat expecting me to reveal the answer to all of your problems, there is no such thing as a get rich quick scheme, at least not without some loss of dignity!

Neither is there a get thin quick scheme, not without a risk to health!

I set myself a task last year to get really fit. It was going pretty well for a while too and I managed to loose 2 stone, mostly through an increase in exercise following the arrival of the pups and an abstention from alcohol for several months. My body loves the sugar in alcohol and hogs it all. Usually if I stop drinking for a couple of days I immediately loose a couple of pounds!

Anyway, I am aware I am a weight yo yoer and have little interest in obsessing about weight or dieting but as I have put most of that 2 stone back on and I would like to get back so the size I was before giving up smoking, I have decided to put myself back into a regime.

I don't know if stopping smoking makes you put on weight but I do know that stopping smoking and then eating crisps and drinking wine all evening does!

So, I have kicked the booze on the head again for the foreseeable future, am upping the ante on the exercise (which really is the only way to shift pounds) and to compliment the scheme am going to change to a vegan diet for a while. (Image credit Members Tripod.)

I am a vegetarian anyway and have been for 11 years however I eat a lot of diary, particularly cheese (I am Wallace! Image Credit Joe Six Pack) and I think the change in diet will help with the weight loss and improve my state of health. (I have a naff cold at the moment and am feeling in the need of a healthy spell.)

Some time ago I found a fabulous blog called 'What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway?' which has proven to be a brilliant source of recipe's and daring ideas to spice up your food life and I plan to make the most of this source.

It took me a few years when I first stopped eating meat to get excited about vegetarian food and really start exploring what I can eat without increasing my cooking time beyond what was available. (I have to say my Mum and Sister were great inspirations to me in the early days and still strive to introduce me to new ideas, for which I am eternally grateful.)

Additionally my fella eats meat so for some time it felt like I was cooking two completely different meals every night which was tiring.

I have since learned to combine elements of a meal while still providing him with food he likes, and feel confident that I can now be even more experimental without biting off more than I can chew!

Anyway, if I come across any particularly nice treats I will share them here however what ever your diet I recommend that you check out 'What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway?' as they really do have some lovely meals.

And if you happen to have a vegetarian or vegan round for dinner it may help give you some ideas.

By the way I know that the first image is a picture of a vulcan and mean no offense to vegans, it is in reference to a joke in an old UK Sit Com called Just Good Friends, I just couldn't resist making the reference.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the inspiration dancin' I too will set my exercise programme up and start melting by degrees.
    The good news is that as spring is here some gardening will add to expended energies as well as desolve the calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Good for you, first vegan day has gone well, I had fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch and savoury rice for tea. I am now supping herbal tea with honey before bedtime......umm can vegans eat honey? Well that may have to be my one concession!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure