The Weekend Starts Here!

I am enjoying a quiet few minutes before the weekend really kicks in as we have a lot planned for the next couple of days. We did have a lovely lie in this morning as for some reason, known only to Roxy, the dogs did not venture into our room until 7.45am!

After that I have been doing some computing and have downloaded Google Chrome to try as a new browser. It claims to be quicker for blogging so I thought I would give it a go.

It has also brought to the forefront of my plans some PC repairs as for a short while now I have been getting an error message on start up and have trouble with my windows install software. The same thing happened with the Google Chrome this morning and although I am using it, and liking it so far, I know it is not properly installed.

So I have given the local PC shop a call and am going to take my PC in on Monday for a review and possible upgrade to Windows 7. It has been suggested that reinstalling Windows may solve my current issues however I thought I might as well go for an upgrade at the same time. Our chap is going to have a look and let me know what the issues and costs will be. I could take it in today but I can't face the weekend without the computer for blogging and music!


In about an hour I am off to the local pub as Mr. Dancin has his first gig this afternoon! Well it’s not his first but it’s his first with this group and his first as the front man and singer. In the past he has played bass only. I am really excited for him and know he will be brilliant. He looks very cool this morning

Tomorrow we are assisting in another teddy bear parachute jump which involves us climbing a church spire, hauling up a one ton bag of teddy bears with home made parachutes attached, and chucking them off for a quid a go in aid of a local charity! We did it last year for the same group and had a great laugh

And of course following that it is the next England game in the World Cup against Germany! I am confident, I know we can beat them, but it is the World Cup and as the excitement of the competition grows it is hard not to get nervous! Before the last game on Wednesday I was so nervous I wanted to cry and I almost didn't watch. It would never have come to that really but I did have the urge to go out for a couple of hours and come back when it was all over

Ok, so it's time to get cracking. Happy weekend all, what ever you do.

Comments

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog, DF! I know Mr DF will do great tonight. I love the blues probably the most. Do you love "Mother Earth Blues" if you've heard it? I love it by HEART. What is Bagpuss? ;oD
    Hope the World Cup goes your way. US is out now ... but I'm not a sports fan. I'm your fan, though! Love your new template! I haven't changed mine in awhile, but I like changing the masthead photo. I'm pretty boring lately. I did write a little "ditty" poem/song last night that I posted today if you can give it a look (oh, I'm sounding so British-ish!) We are going to our friend's tonight to watch Dr Who ... and, I believe my favorite was Christopher Eckleston but David Tennant grew on me fast. This guy ... hmmmm, the jury is out for me. And I've never seen any pre-Eckleston, which I will have to do sometime. Well, I've blabbed long enough ... we're having one of those lazy lovely herbal weekends in June. Full Moon in June! Wheeeee! Have lots of fun tonight, and I remember last year's teddy bear chuck ... it was so cool. Hope there'll be more pics this time, too! Happy bear chucking! ^;^
    SisSTAR xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Mr Dancin' that he has an admirer. Bet it goes really well.
    Can I have his autograph please.
    I bought Norton Utilities, its been great and corrected a few things that had been plaguing me.
    Good Luck England.
    Good luck with the teddy para-shoot jump too.I recall you enjoying last years event although I think it rained then.
    Have a great weekend dancin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the football.
    Hope that the bears fared better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kyle! Happy Monday bud. Well the gig went really well and they really enjoyed playing. I have lots of great photos and a bit of video. I do not know Mother Earth Blues but I really like Heart. That's something for me to check out this morning!

    I am glad you like the new look blog, I really like it and may just stay with this...for a while anyway! As you may have noticed I am a creature of change! Something like that anyway.

    How was Dr Who? I am not sure about this new chap either and I really liked David Tennant who I think is hard to follow but we don't watch regularly just the odd one. Was it a good episode?

    I expect you can find older Dr.s on you tube. Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee were both great but there were two before them and several in between now and then:

    First Doctor William Hartnell 1963–1966[43]
    Second Doctor Patrick Troughton 1966–1969
    Third Doctor Jon Pertwee 1970–1974
    Fourth Doctor Tom Baker 1974–1981
    Fifth Doctor Peter Davison 1981–1984
    Sixth Doctor Colin Baker 1984–1986
    Seventh Doctor Sylvester McCoy 1987–1989, 1996
    Eighth Doctor Paul McGann 1996
    Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston 2005
    Tenth Doctor David Tennant 2005–2010
    Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith 2010–Present

    Anyway I had better get this day started! The Teddy Bear jump went really well but no photos. We were asked to speed it up a bit so there was no time between launches to watch and photo them I am afraid but the lady organising it on the ground got lots of photos so they have some for the paper which is cool.

    As for the football....well least said the better.

    Have a top day bud, bye!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Bowledover, thanks for your thoughts and comments...lets not talk about the football eh?!? :0)

    I have told Mr Dancin and sent your wishes to him before the gig too. He had such a brilliant time and was amazing. I'll send photos soon!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure