World Cup Diary - Day 9 Disection

Oh dear! My World Cup Diary has become predominantly about England these past few days. We are still watching as many matches as we can and loving the competition however its now got serious and all of my energies are with my home team.

Last nights performance, despite earning the team a point, was worrying and a little depressing however after a good soak in the bath and the diversion of a good book I had picked myself up and moved back to optimism town!

Today has been filled with criticism and concern which I have done my best to avoid. I do not know why we played so bad and looked so uncomfortable and I don't feel qualified enough to comment on the reasons for this. I am a little fed up of having concerns regarding our manager and their tactics and it is very reminiscent of our performance in the last World Cup under Sven when we began doubting the managers ability to inspire the team and select the appropriate squad and formation but my thoughts on this will make no difference and I do not know all of the facts so speculation is irrelevant.

England are at the World Cup, Fabio is in charge, and it is my job to think positively.

I was sorry to see Wayne Rooney felt it necessary to apologise for his comments regarding being booed by the fans at the end of last nights game and do not agree that the fans have a right to boo or deserve an apology. No matter how badly it went I know they were trying and being booed really is not going to help.

I only hope that the England squad know that not all fans are like that.

So, we wait and see what Wednesday brings with our final group stage game. I know we can do it, I don't know if we will do it, but I am still going to believe. It's not over until the ref blows the final whistle.





There are so many versions of this! Anyway pick your favourite and have a sing! Damn this song makes me fill up everytime!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Critters #4 - Buzzard

Treasure